- Regular maintenance & repair helps to keep hazard controls in effective working order & avoids equipment failures that can cause accidents.
- Preventive maintenance protects against the hazards of breakdown & sudden failure of machines & equipment.
- Always follow mfg. requirements.
Program should include:
- Good housekeeping:
– keep equipment clear of slip & fall hazards
– no loose objects in the cab
- Daily checks of fluid levels
- Regular greasing & lubrication
- Parts are to be inspected on a regular basis for wear
DO NOT PERFORM ANY WORK ON A MACHINE UNLESS YOU ARE AUTHORIZED AND QUALIFIED – TO DO SO!