After Extinguisher Depletion
- Slowly back away
- Even if the fire appears to be extinguished, don’t turn your back on it.
- Unseen “hot spots” or “hidden fires” can re-ignite.
- The area must be monitored as long as necessary to ensure it is safe.
- Once the area is deemed safe you MUST tend to the used extinguisher.
- Even if the extinguisher is not completely depleted it MUST be tagged for recharging and removed for the workplace.
- Tagged extinguishers MUST be stored where they will not be confused with an operable extinguisher.
- Depleted extinguishers MUST be replaced in the workplace immediately.