- Choose the appropriate class & size of extinguisher for the potential fire hazard present.
- Be Aware of your surroundings prior to attempting to extinguish a fire.
- If it is unsafe or the fire appears to be beyond your abilities or the abilities of your extinguisher, leave to a safe location and Call 911
- Be aware of the extinguishers range prior to discharging
- To close can cause the agent to strike the fire with too much velocity, causing the fire to spread.
- To far away can lead to waste of extinguishing agent and leave the extinguisher unable to completely put out the fire.
P – Pull the pin
A – Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire
S – Squeeze the trigger
S – Sweep from side to side
- Monitor the area as long a necessary to ensure there is no hazard remaining.
- Tag the extinguisher for re-charge and removing from the work area.
- Replace the depleted extinguisher.
- All Fire Extinguishers on construction projects must be a minimum 4A:40B:C rating.